Sunday, March 15, 2020

HUNKERING DOWN


Good Morning All,

Dan and I are hunkering down and relaxing. While we are protecting ourselves from the corona-virus and staying away from big crowds, this time can be used for things that you find need to do around the house.  I’m going to use the time to read about herbs.  It’s amazing how much herbs can heal.  I have been gathering my recipes together and writing them down, so I can share them with you on the blog.  I have been taking pictures of the breakfast, brunch and dinners that I created, now including the ingredients and instructions with them.   Dan can watch movies that I’m not interested in and he is also reading. The time is good for spring cleaning.

This hunkering down reminds me of when I was back in Florida and there was a hurricane.  One year we boarded our windows three times and it was dark inside even in the afternoon.  Now- that was a creepy feeling!  I will say, Dan and I are thankful that at least this situation is sunny.

Since this is Sunday, as Dan and I start our day we read a piece from this book YOUR BEST LIFE.  The message this morning:

If you were among the twelve Hebrew spies sent by Moses into Canaan to check out the opposition, what report would you deliver this morning?  Ten of the twelve spies came back and said, “It is a land flowing with milk and honey, but there are giants in the land.  Moses, we were in our own sight as grasshoppers.  They’re too strong.  We’ll never defeat them, compared to the giants, the mental image they had of themselves was as small helpless grasshoppers.  The battle was lost before report it started.

Joshua and Caleb had actually different report.  Moses we are well able to possess the land.  Yes, there are giants there, but our God is much bigger.  Because of Him, we are well able.  Let’s go in at once and posses the land. Whatever giants you face, make this your confession as well.


WE SHOULD NOT PANIC!

At this time, we need a sense of humor, I went back on my memories of Facebook and three years ago, I posted this.

 I'll Get It

Three Old Ladies... Three elderly ladies were discussing the trials of getting older. One said, "Sometimes I catch myself with a jar of mayonnaise in my hand in front of the refrigerator and can't remember whether I need to put it away, or start making a sandwich." The second lady chimed in, "Yes, sometimes I find myself on the landing of the stairs and can't remember whether I was on my way up or on my way down. " The third one responded, "Well, I'm glad I don't have that problem; knock on wood," she raps her knuckles on the table, then says, "That must be the door, I'll get it."

I wrote this piece several years ago, but it relates to anything unknown.

FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN

WRITTEN FROM THE HEART

It’s impossible, said pride. It’s risky, said experience. It’s pointless, said reason. Give it a try, whispered the heart. It’s early in the morning and this message came to me. I fear no more for I have managed the cancer. I trusted my heart to find another way to treat my cancer other than cut, poison, and burn. I also realized without having cancer I would have not met these amazing people that have taught me so much about life and I would have never experienced Mexico and their culture.

Through taking a detour in the road, I have better knowledge and have tried to educate others on other ways to control cancer. Through my journey, I have been sharing my personal healing process in hopes that maybe your heart is whispering to you like it did me.

Through the knowledge that I have gained, I do not fear the unknown, I look past that and take each day with a grain of salt. The future will be full of experiences that will not be impossible for I took something bad and made it good. We all deserve to follow our hearts and choose our own journey, but first we have to research the unknown.

Research and you will find that life is not pointless. Your mind will grow full of hope and your journey will continue for many years.

The message so anything is possible and with research we will have a better knowledge of how to handle the situation.

Which of your blessings multiplied into greater blessings occur?

Until tomorrow, be safe and not panic.









No comments: