Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A True story of a married couple that experienced cancer with functional medicine and managed after with a life style change.


A True story of a married couple that experienced cancer with functional medicine and managed after with a life style change.

I haven't forgotten that I am just one person,

That I am but one voice attempting to stand out from the crowd.

I know that I can't sit here and expect my words to create change without reason.

I can see if I don't educate and try to make a change, then I can't expect anyone to follow my world.

I can feel that time is slipping by me, that it will be gone if I just stand still.

I have heard that there are a million other voices that sound like mine, that want also to be heard.

I've been told that it's not enough to wish for dreams that I have to work them into reality.

Your voice, your opinion-- mean something.


You are one drop, but together we can make an ocean.

Let's think outside the box, and let your voice, your opinion--be heard.


To make the change.

Beating Cancer on Your Own Terms
Everyone lives in fear of a cancer diagnosis. Aside from the pain and stress of the disease itself, the diagnosis brings with it the horror of being subjected to terrifying surgeries, radiation, and chemotherapy…all of which can have side effects as bad as or worse than the disease. When Sheryl was diagnosed with breast cancer and Dan was diagnosed with prostate cancer, both were not willing to have their health ruined by US-standard cancer treatments. Instead, Sheryl and her husband went to the internet, and armed with their belief that the usual prescribed course of action wasn’t right for them, they discovered highly effective functional medicine treatments being used in Europe and in Mexico. This is the story of how Dan and Sheryl beat cancer without surgery, chemo, or radiation. Through their daily journal, showing the progress with information ranging from the types of functional medicine treatments available to the necessity of lifestyle changes to stay healthy. Both Dan and Sheryl’s amazing memoirs are a radiant beacon of possibility for anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer. Their message always remains that how you treat your illness should be your choice. Everyone is unique, and it’s your right to trust the wisdom of your body and mind to choose the path that is best for you. Follow Sheryl and Dan on the road to recovery…and learn about the innovative options available when you start thinking outside the box.


 As I sit and conjure my thoughts, a question comes to mind. If you could have your cake and eat it too--would you? There are two sides to every coin, as there are to every story. But I can say my journey shared over these next pages shows an experience many of us share. There are dark moments and moments of inspiration. There is love, along with sheer terror. Tears stain these pages, showing the reviving energy of great joy. Hope and education are what I am trying to provide. In the end, what is life without them? This writing is for finding inspiration when it is lost.
I am neither a doctor, nor have the experience of one, but I am a survivor of cancer who feared for my life. This is not about what is right or wrong; it is about educating ourselves to make choices, along with the awesome power of knowledge. Everyone should be given a choice, and it should be up to each of us to educate ourselves. With the internet, today, it's easy to research and discover alternative therapies and methodologies for treating and winning the battle against this disease. So first, we must believe that these solutions are possible. This is my personal story I choose to share with you so that you may become aware of another path to wellness of the body, mind, and spirit.
We can manage cancer by changing the environment we live in.
My hope is that through learning about my experience, you the reader can discover the alternative strategies for cancer treatment. The decision to choose a course of action is personal, and it is better to be aware of the options. Many times for various reasons we are not informed of successful methodologies for survival of specific cancers. It is important for each of us not to entirely listen to the advice of our doctor; we should make an effort to seek information that may have the effect of least helping you to understand more what is happening. The journey to wellness can take several paths, and we should be open to that idea. Knowledge is power and in my particular case, it helped me to cope with the fear I was feeling and gave me confidence to use a different direction. My husband provided me with the encouragement to go another way that was not within my country. My goal is to share my story.  If you find strength in your fight, then I achieved a purpose larger than myself

The morning started out similar to any other day until the big word cancer came up in the same sentence as my name. I drove around the corner from my house to the outpatient X-ray department of our local hospital. Searching for a parking spot became a challenge in itself and after circling for ten minutes I finally found one. I had an 8:00 a.m. appointment so I told my husband Dan I would go by myself since this was only a routine procedure. Waiting in line, I checked in and got my papers to fill out. When I completed them, I approached the area where you check in and gave the paperwork to the rep. I watched Good Morning America until a tech came over to me and asked if I was Sheryl. I said yes. She asked my birth date, and I replied 1/18/58. Then I was escorted to the back where I prepared for the mammogram.
The tech appeared pleasant. While she was taking different pictures of my breasts, we spoke of her children. I began a conversation telling her about my daughter and her career as a children’s fashion designer. With that, we ended on what styles they wore. When the tech finished, she advised me to stay, for she was going to talk to the radiologist to confer if more views were needed. Time passed slowly, and in ten minutes she came back. The radiologist requested several new pictures on the right. Upon completion, I was directed to the waiting room where they did the sonograms. She hugged me, saying with a whisper, “Good luck.” At that moment, I should have known something appeared to be up. Leaving, I wished her a Merry Christmas.
Again, it seemed hours before they called me in for the procedure. A sonogram of the breasts is like having a baby; you have no modesty. She put this jelly matter on me and started rolling a computer mouse around. While the mouse moved, she took pictures of the areas they questioned that appeared to be masses. This procedure lasted for a while, and the tech said, “I am going to show the radiologist to see if she needs me to take more pictures.” Again, I ended up alone, but this time I had jelly all over me. The radiologist came in and introduced herself and took the mouse and I could hear them
whispering between themselves; this went on for some time while they took more pictures. The tech then cleaned up the jelly. Then I sat up and she advised that on the right breast they saw suspicious masses. They looked similar to cancer. I was told they would call my family doctor to schedule me in for a biopsy.
At this point I knew why I avoided physicians. In back of my brain, I thought that it could be possible that someday I might get cancer the same as my dad. Well, it came to pass! All I knew was that I did not want to be treated like he had been with chemo and radiation. Driving home while thinking of the nasty disease I came to the conclusion that I would handle this on a positive note. I walked in and saw Dan sitting in his chair watching TV, for he had been preparing for surgery on his foot, and that’s a long story in itself. I looked at him and explained what was said to me. We both believed in another way to fight our issue.
The force of a driving dream
The will of a bending knee
The harvest of a living hope
Such mystery amazes me.

I was happy that the prior day was ultimately over, but there were so many emotions and decisions to face. I never had to confront a life-threatening disease, although I had been involved with family and friends that did. While wondering what, I might be facing, my answer appeared.
Surprise, lunch was on the table ready to eat; then the phone rang and looking over to the caller ID the number showed it was the family physician. I picked up the telephone and the doctor proceeded to tell me the results and advised me to go for a biopsy. I was dismayed that he called on his own instead of having his nurse call. He stated he could write a script for it. I told him I wanted to visit him in the office to go over the steps and discuss the issues. Realty set in and I knew what direction everyone was gearing toward.
“Okay,” he said, “how is 12/7/10 around 10:30 a.m.?”
I checked with Dan and it did not interfere with his doctor visit. So, it was scheduled and at that point I kept a positive attitude and asked him not to mention the diagnosis to anyone until we had the facts, and then we would decide on what type of treatment might be available.
“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumblebee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life
to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

Suddenly everything escaped my mind, for I had my daughter to see. She was coming home to recoup from being abroad. Tuesday, like every other day, we woke up to enjoy a cup of coffee while watching Dr. Oz. After Dan’s heart attack three years ago we have been on a health kick. We eat red meat once in a while, but mainly we eat a great deal of fruits and greens and instead of ice cream we enjoy yogurt. We were very into keeping ourselves healthy. It was time to get ready for the drive to the doctor’s office. We both had questions to ask, so off we went. Upon arriving at the office, before the doctor sees you they call you up to the front and take your co-pay. After paying I sat in the chair to wait with my word search book while Dan read a sports magazine. I glanced up as the door opened and my name was called. We followed the nurse into the little room where the doctor came in for the examination. This appointment would be just exchanging words.
I had a routine check of my weight, temperature, blood pressure, and pulse. After she asked if I took any medicine and whether anything had changed since my last visit, she replied, “The doctor will be in soon.” We started a conversation about the issue at hand, and after a few minutes there came a knock on the door. He greeted us as always with small talk regarding personal thoughts, and then being serious he said, “This is not anything that we can wait on.”
I advised him that I had concerns and need to go over them. The first question was: “When they do the biopsy, if the masses are cancerous, could it get launched in my breast while they get the sample?”
He replied, “No a tube goes through and the sample will remain within it.”
It sounded convincing, for the cells would not spread that way. The other issue was what would happen later. “Well, Sherry,” he said, “you know the next step! I know a surgeon in the area and he is the best.”
While looking at my husband, I stated, “That it is not what I had in mind.” I do not believe in the whole thing surgery and chemo, but he reminded me of all the people who had made it past the treatments. I've been in the medical field for thirty years and seen several cancer patients and even my own family go through hell and the end results were not good. Dan stated to the doctor that he did not want me to die and he would do whatever it takes to get me better. We left the office with a script and disbelief about what the future would bring. Together we had been focusing on his surgery, for it was coming up on the 15.th.  Danielle was coming home for his surgery.
After the doctor’s office, I went down to the outpatient X-ray department to schedule my biopsy, and ended up with the 9th, the day my daughter was coming in from California and we were picking her up in Orlando.

“Laughter is ♪•*¨*•.¸¸♪¸¸.•*¨*•♪
timeless. Imagination has no age.
And dreams are forever.” -Tinker bell

The month was passing me by with doctor visits. It was uncanny how we were planning physician trips and procedures for me when we'd been focusing on Dan's health. The biopsy was scheduled for today at 4:00 p.m., which gave us plenty of time to pick up Danielle at the airport in Orlando. I walked into the outpatient X-ray department and waited in line. It seemed to go slowly, and there must have been three to four people before me. Finally, my turn, and it was the same procedure as before. I had to give them the insurance card and ID, then place my hand over a weird object that read my palm, and with that I had to sign twice--one signature for permission to file to my insurance, and the other for release of medical records. As I sat down I had more forms to fill out. If that is not stress! Now I had to use the bathroom, which was outside the office in the main lobby. Dan stayed in his seat with my purse and coat. When I got back the tech called my name. She came out and asked for my e-mail. WHAT????
“Oh, I mean your birth date,” she said.
I replied, “1-18-58.”
This is the most important thing to remember when having a procedure or surgery. I was then taken back to the dressing room, where I changed into a hospital gown.
Thoughts kept coming to me during the delay about the biopsy and the side effects. In addition, a piece of paper was handed to me to sign. She knew the process inside and out. I had no questions for her. Another tech came in to start the prep for the biopsy. She put the jelly on my breast and started the mouse; as she proceeded with the sonogram the radiologist stepped in and introduced himself. Now you have to understand how modest I am. I am so meek that even with my husband I have a hard time letting him look at my body! Now I had strange people looking at my boobs. He explained what he would be doing and began. I was able to see the masses as it was being done.
Three biopsies were scheduled for two masses plus the mass on my lymph nodes. They prepped me with this brown-looking stuff and he gave me a local. It was similar to what a dentist gives. For the first biopsy, he inserted a tube and this long instrument with prongs on the ends. I could see it on the screen and all of a sudden, a staple noise. He got a specimen, which didn't appear like enough, and he would return back to acquire one more. While doing this, we started talking, along with the others. The tech asked me what I did for a living and I replied, “I make greeting cards. I always wanted to do something artistically and now I create artistic cards.” Someone in the room spoke out, saying that it is just a piece of paper. As compassionate as I am about art and cards, I explained to them that a card is art, and has shapes and colors with words that have meaning. Close your eyes and imagine somewhere special and describe it with words.
I asked if any of them had talents they would like to express. The nurse sang in a band and wrote songs. The tech also sang, but said only in the bathroom. The radiologist wanted to go back to school to become a physician. He was joking around. At that point everyone spoke up. The nurse would like to go to Fuji with her husband on her 25th anniversary. I mentioned my trip to Hawaii on my anniversary. I related that I took over one thousand pictures, taking shots one after another and never seeing the beauty in the moment. She replied she didn’t take many photos, for she loved seeing it as it happened. I said, "Well when I get old and have memory loss, I can see them and will not forget." They all laughed and continued to go ahead with the procedure.
Finally, he finished and explained the markers were put in the place where he biopsied the spots. He advised I would be getting a mammogram right after this to be sure they got the correct areas. When all was finished, it was not as tough as I imagined--I guess because I talked and got involved in the conversation. The radiologist told me he would receive the results on Monday the 13th and would call me and my doctor with these. I had made friends when I got done, for they both hugged me and wished me luck.

Before this month, I always looked forward to the weekend, but now I am very unsure. I am not looking ahead. The reason is that I do not want to face the coming days. With my husband and my daughter by my side the weekend came and went. We spent a quiet time at the park and having a picnic. With nature around us, we stopped thinking of our health problems.
It's the big day! The radiologist would be calling with results. Ring! Ring! Ring! The caller ID showed the number for the hospital. I picked it up and said hi. He responded, "Hello and how is your day going?" I said great and then I asked him the same question. We were making small talk and under my breath trying to avoid the real reason he called. I spoke up, saying, “I hope you have good news.”
He replied, "Sorry, I do not." He explained the findings--I had cancer and he would be contacting my doctor. The next thing I can remember is handing the phone over to Dan. It was up to him to ask any questions needed. It appeared silent for a while and then the hugs. I am not letting this disease run my life.
That afternoon we received another call from our doctor. Dan put him on speaker phone so both of us could hear what he had to say. He advised me of a surgeon, who is the best in this area. His nurse would contact their office and schedule an appointment. The clock kept on ticking and time kept on going slowly, while we decided to come up with Plan B.

Wealth, what is it? Many of us are wealthy
in numerous ways although we simply do not recognize it. Enjoy the wealth you already have in your family and friends, in your health, in your freedom, in your knowledge,
and most importantly, in yourself.

 12-14-10 to 12-20-10
Time went fast, and I kept busy every day. Today I decided to go back to the X-ray department. I asked for the written reports. Dan became glued to the internet, doing a great deal of research, checking other procedures around the world. He looked at protocol being used in Germany and then found information linking to Mexico. I got a book by Suzanne Somers called Knockout. It's coming together for me and I felt good, for there can be other ways to treat this disease. This opened up my eyes to what the USA and what other countries offer. It’s amazing how different techniques are used around the world.
The next day on the 15th we had to put a hold on research, for Dan needed to prepare for his surgery on his foot. Time to go to the hospital. We were there from 3:00 p.m. to around 7:00 p.m. until they took him back to the surgery room. It was a long day for Danielle and me. Afterward, the doctor came out and showed me Dan’s foot on an X-ray. He said the procedure went well and at that time I asked how soon he could travel. I explained to him about my condition and that we might be going to Mexico. He stated that we should do what is best for me and he would work with it. Dan ended up there for three days.
Finally, he came home and for a day. We relaxed and slept from exhaustion. It wasn’t long before I was scheduled for an MRI and I needed to prepare for the procedure. I told Dan and Danielle that I would go alone, for it wasn’t something major.
“Maybe you can't change the whole world, but if you have love in your heart you can make small differences every day, which really does change the world, one life at a time.
By now I am a little afraid. I am worried about the outcome. It's the day of my MRI, scheduled for 5:00 p.m. I do not know what to expect. I never experienced this type of x-ray. I left Dan with Danielle with his foot raised up high on his chair and I drove to the hospital. I kept hoping that I would find a parking space close to the building, for I never had good luck finding one. I had no trouble this night. I brought my driver’s license and insurance card, for this is required before a procedure. It seemed that I lived there, for I have been going almost every week for either an X-ray or a procedure. No line and I got checked in fast. I had to fill out more paperwork and then my name was called: “Sheryl!”
I replied, “Yes!” The tech took me back to the dressing room to change into their stylish outfit. I sat out in the waiting room and in not more than five minutes I was sent back. First, they inserted an IV for a contrast with the MRI. No problem sticking a needle in my arm. She asked if I was afraid of tight spaces. Thinking about that question, I replied no, for I had never experienced that before. The tech explained what would happen and in one hand I held a button, and if I couldn’t handle the small space anymore I should press the button. In the other hand, I had the IV tubing. Oh yes--and music! There were several types. Really, this did not make any difference. When the machine was turned on you didn't hear the music. During the procedure, another request was that I could not move until between takes. When the procedure started, I had an itch on my nose. I began meditating and praying that it was almost over so I could scratch; this is why she asked if I would be afraid of tight spaces. The procedure lasted at least thirty minutes. Thank God it was over. As they sent me back to the changing room, my life was beginning to be a blur. It hit me and emotionally I became exhausted. I sat down and got dressed back in my outfit and realized what impact I was experiencing. I drove home to find Dan asking me for a pain pill.
“Courage is standing face to face with fear... and smiling at it!”

12-22-10 to 12-23-10
Finally, as you can see, the power of choice will be mine. My doctor’s office called, for they scheduled me in on 12-24-10 at 7:30 a.m. with the surgeon. The only thing I thought was that it would be Christmas Eve, and I wondered how Dan and I are going to get ready early with his foot. Danielle spoke out and said she wanted to go--so be it!  During those two days, we did more research, finding different methods in other countries that treated this disease. My older sister was checking around and buying me vitamins which fought off cancer. We picked a facility that looked comfortable and was in Mexico. We had the director of the oncology department call from the facility and he explained the procedures they offered. I faxed over my reports to him, for he stated they did an assessment individually to determine what type of treatments would be best. I liked their concept, for they took care of each individual person and did not just treat the disease. The conversation lasted an hour and a half. It was refreshing and for the first time since I was told of the sickness I felt a relief coming over me. He advised that another physician would get in touch with us for additional information.
Now, I am getting ready for tomorrow and Dan set the cell phone alarm for 4:30 a.m. The wheelchair was stored in the trunk. It will be dark when we take it out. We do not know what to expect.
This is a day to practice the power of choice. Choose the quality of mood you want that is, whether you'll adopt a positive or negative attitude. The choice is up to you! Your goal: to realize you do have the ability to enhance your life each day!

Well, it’s another day; rise and shine. Dan, Danielle, and I got up to the alarm. I dressed and helped Dan, for it was less than two weeks ago, he had his surgery. I mean it's a big blur; we worked together and made it out the door. I drove toward downtown Clearwater toward the surgeon’s office. We got there way before then decided to stay in the car and rest until 7:00 a.m. As we were resting the parking lot filled up with cars, so we knew that the building had opened. Dan needed to go to the restroom, so Danielle went to the back of the car to get the wheelchair and I opened his door. We put him in it and rolled toward the bathroom. I pressed the elevator button to the 3rd floor to check in.  Upon arrival, I handed the paperwork which had been mailed to me over to them.
The wait was not very long. We as a family went to the exam room to see a diagram of a breast on the wall, along with my MRI. The nurse came in asking questions. Dan and Danielle stepped out prior to the examination. The physician walked in to introduce himself with the sonogram machine. He did another view, for he needed to see the markers and where the masses stood. I found that was interesting, for I got to look at what he saw. He told me that I could get dressed again and my family could join me. Well was not great news, which I knew, but he reinforced it. In his own words, “IT IS WHAT IT IS.” He began drawing on the dry-erase board the procedure that he would be doing, and after that, of course, the chemo and radiation program. He gave explanations of the side effects while not letting us ask anything until he finished. After his explanation, I felt overwhelmed. This was not what I wanted. The way he spoke, I felt I had no other choice except surgery.
After a few minutes, he had his scheduler come in and introduced herself by saying she takes care of scheduling procedures. We followed her into her room and sat down and after only a second she asked me if Tuesday or Thursday would be good.  I said, “For what, surgery? I am leaving town, for my daughter is moving to New York.”
“When are, you coming back?” she asked. I told her it would be around the 24th of January. She then replied, “We can get you in on the 26th.” Danielle and I looked at one another and I am sure we thought the same thing that they were going too fast. I spoke out and said I would call when I got home. She proceeded to get the surgeon and he restated how important this was, and it needed to be addressed soon. I stated to him that I understood, and we left. All of us thought he pushed toward this too quickly. I drove to the house and that night we opened up our gifts and celebrated Christmas.

That the energy
Of hope and love is twinkled
In each of our lives this year.
We all have been through a lot; but are
Strong, and through the brightness of one another
The hope of the coming year will bring joy. We will be
Able to sing the highest tone with our voices; for love never
Ends. Let’s rejoice for hope is coming to us and rewards. May your   
     New Year give you the gratitude to help our planet
Grow in the right direction.

12-25 to 1-10-11
Now that the holidays were coming to an end, Dan and I had to face another situation. The treatments I chose were not covered under my insurance and were not FDA approved. After Christmas and getting ready for the New Year, we began organizing everything together to be able to get the opportunity to use the methods provided for me in Mexico. I had to ask for medical records. I contacted my family physician and explained what I had decided to do. We went to Dan’s doctor and had a cast put on his foot for the flight. We stopped at the banks to take care of how we were going to pay. If that is not stress what is?

On 1-9-11 we finally got our affairs together and a doctor from the facility called and said she would have the travel department arrange our traveling plans. It’s set for 1-12-11. I felt relief and was nervous at the same time. This is the right thing to do. I am very lucky that I have a husband, daughter, and family that stand by what I believe in and are backing me up going for another choice other than surgery, chemo, and radiation.
I know this information is overwhelming. You are very precious. It is important we take care of ourselves. I hope this will help you decide if ever you have to face this life change. Please follow my daily treatment and see how it affects me in a positive way.


The venture of the unknown starts. I am going to cross the border and stay in Mexico for three weeks. I don't know how to speak any Spanish. This will be a challenge, on top of being unable to swallow pills.
Welcome to Mexico! Today started very early, for Dan and I arrived at Tampa Airport around 9:00 a.m. and our plane did not leave until noon. We checked in and headed straight to Starbucks for coffee. We felt relaxed, though with some anxiety.
The airplane ride to Houston went smoothly. They brought a wheelchair to Dan, but the walker he had and the wheelchair were too big for the aisle. So, a representative stopped by with an aisle chair. When it finally came, we headed toward the plane and were the first to be seated. I enjoyed the royal treatment.
We were the last off the aircraft when we landed in Houston. This made us late for our connection flight to San Diego. We rushed across the airport to another gate, which had already boarded people. Dan sat in a corner, while I went up front to the ticket counter and explained to the lady the situation that Dan needed an aisle and could not place pressure on his foot. After all the passengers became seated, we ultimately boarded. I said to myself, Great; now I will be able to relax for its three hours until we arrive. Dan and I did not eat the entire day except for a bag of pretzels, so it was a treat to buy a package meal for $7.00 each.
We landed and Dan needed to go to the restroom. I headed to the baggage area and along the way I saw a handicapped-accessible bathroom, so we then stopped. This made us late to receive our luggage and it did not show up on the belt, but at least our driver who met us at the airport had a sign that read “Sheryl Malin.” He advised us our luggage might be in the office, for we were last to arrive. Thank goodness, the luggage was there in one piece. This is where the journey begins. While heading to Mexico I called my daughter to let her know we made it.
We crossed the border with no trouble, for you do not need to show any papers at that time--only when you leave Mexico. Approaching the facility, Dan said that it looked the same as on Google. We checked in like you do in most facilities, in admitting, and were taken to our room. Quite different than rooms here, it looked similar to a hotel room. It had a couch, a chair, two beds, and a table. I had my very own bathroom.
The physician came in and introduced himself. He asked me questions regarding my condition. We went over some things and he examined me. I must say I was impressed that he did a full work-up, which I had never before received from head to toe. After the EKG and the exam, the doctor explained some findings and stated that someone would be in tomorrow morning for lab work.
When he left; our dinner came. What a treat! We had an organic lamb roast with mixed vegetables and a pitcher of water. We were surprised later when we heard a knock on the door and it was our dessert, an apple and sunflower seeds.
The day is over. I must go to sleep. I'm going to have lab work tomorrow. Also, the doctor is coming in to explain the procedures.

Today I woke up with a headache and it is now just hitting me. My journey is merely starting regarding the treatment. At 7:00 a.m. someone from the lab department awoke me and took blood.

The chef came in, explaining they would be feeding us organic foods and all day we would have amazing meals. He asked if there is anything we like, and I replied surprise us (HAHAHA).
While I was still feeling sick, a person entered my room, telling me it was time for an X-ray. I was brought down for an ultra sound and although unable to speak Spanish I began using hand signals to relate to the radiologist. We were able to understand one another!
When the doctor found out I was having a headache, he was angry at me for not contacting him. He did not want me to be under any stress. He ordered something for the pain. I advised him I am a baby at heart and have a hard time taking pills. He informed me not to worry; he would give me medication that I would not have to swallow. Within ten minutes the nurse came in with a pill that I placed under my tongue and it dissolved by itself. I must say they are very understanding here,
I asked the physician today if it was all right to do my blog so I can inform people back home and he replied yes. He said we cannot change our situation, but we can change our environment. This is a life changing process. My outcome is great per my doctor.
The doctors are going to start my treatment tomorrow. All my blood tests came back good. They are teaching us about how to keep healthy. 
Now, this is a good time to close your eyes and imagine with colors how you can change the lives of cancer patients. There are many mixed emotions and moods that follow.
Cancer is a powerful word, but we can change that!! We need to change our environment by our food we eat and the amount of water we drink and the exercise we do. Our body blueprint with the proper vitamins can be controlled.
Think about the last paragraph--wouldn’t that be nice, if we could control our body blueprint? As you read, I will show you proof it can be done. Some of you will eat those words when you see the results of my journey and how I controlled my cancer and managed it.
Sorry for the delay in writing my daily journal. A lot has happened today. It was packed with many kinds of interesting activities. The first thing I did was take an overdue hot shower from head to toe. I felt much better and then we had our breakfast, oatmeal with bread. Our drink of the day is water and I am supposed to have seven glasses. Of course, it will be a challenge for me, but I will meet the goal.
The physician arrived around 11:00 am and reviewed the results from my blood work. It looked really good. My liver and kidney functions were healthy. The doctors were concerned with one test that showed lack of oxygen to my heart. The EKG indicated in the past I might have had a small stroke. The cardiologist did an EKG and everything seemed fine. Next to see was the dentist, with my X-rays in hand from the States. This is the most important part of the body that controls what type of illness you may get. I was examined and told that seven metal fillings, my partial, and the four caps all should be replaced. She found three teeth that needed fillings. I always took care of my mouth, visiting the tooth doctor every six months for cleanings. I will bring it to my dentist’s attention on my appointment in late February.
The psychologist came in right before our lunch and spent some time with us. She states I am very positive and have a good outlook. I needed to do exercises with my brain to allow it to understand that I will fight and conquer the cancer. She will come in every week to teach me how to do these exercises.
The most important tools to get back to a sound body begin by eating organic vegetables, along with fruits and nuts. Exercising at least five days a week for an hour is important and can be something fun like dancing, tennis, or just walking.
With those items, I need a healthy mind and belief that I will improve. She listened to Dan and me and said because we are seeking other types of treatments along with our belief system in place, I am going to get better.
The final affair for the day was to insert a port in me for the treatment to begin. I went down to the ER and the last thing I remember was them giving me an IV. I woke up in my room with Dan saying the doctors could not place the port. My body frame was too small. The catheter was too long. They did not want to damage my blood vessels, so the doctor will come up with another way.
I just had a little back pain, which I think is from them trying to put the port in, however; I've been given medicine by IV.
This is an adventure, being in some other country and knowing only English, for I am around all Spanish-speaking nurses and hospital employees. I've been communicating by hand signals and saying thank you. They all have been awesome, putting up with me, the American.
Until Saturday, I am hanging on with more adventure coming my way.

Today actually was a relaxing day. Dan watched football on the internet, the web page www.channelsurfing.net. Since we are in Mexico the games, are broadcast in Spanish and he viewed only the first quarter on TV and the other quarters on the computer.
The doctor came in to explain why they could not put the port in yesterday. My blueprint is unlike any other person’s. My arteries are shaped different and they tried for approximately an hour and were unable to do so. I'll be given another test to see how they are going to place it. Once that is done the doctors will get together and decide the outcome.
Today, I had several IVs with different minerals and vitamins to build my body up, along with six pills. I cannot take medication, for it gets stuck in my throat. They tried to work with me and give me what they had in liquid form.  Coming back to the meds, I was able to keep them down and I told my male nurse it’s because of him and that he was cute.


At this moment, I am relaxing, while taking the different minerals and vitamins they gave me and celebrating another day of life. With the IVs, it’s making me tired and I am sleepy most of the day. I have been blessed for I met a patient that just finished her treatment with the same issue. The only difference is Ana had cancer prior and went through surgery and chemo.
She has inspired me with her stories to educate the public. In that respect, we felt there could be so much we can learn about this disease and conquer it by natural and healthy methods. She left the facility with a whole new life.
Ana shared with me the prayer she wrote; this brought me to my knees. I was so overwhelmed with tears. We are going to make a change, as well as help spread the word regarding other methods of treatment. We are not alone.
Ana showed me in those special moments before she exited the facility how important knowledge is and how precious our lives are. I became very fond of her outlook and enjoyed our talks. She shared so much wisdom, which I will carry within my heart.
I must go--the battery is dying and I need to charge the computer. Until tomorrow…have a wonderful week.
 «·´¨*·.¸¸. CANCER, THERE IS HOPE«·´¨*·.¸¸.
The days are moving fast. Time is not standing still. Yesterday was my birthday and I spent it getting a port placed in my chest. I wanted to say thank you to my family and friends afar for the wonderful wishes; they meant so much to me.
As I lay in bed thinking, with plenty of time, I've been able to express in writing why I decided to do this treatment. I had seen several people in my life die of cancer…my father, aunts, uncles, mother-in-law, other family members and friends. They had surgery and chemo with radiation and I was there to watch the side effects, and it became so overwhelming. As a child, I saw my dad battle this nasty illness and asked myself why?
Now I inherited this disease and knew that I did not want to use traditional methods of treatment, so my husband did research and we found this method. I have a daughter, sisters, and friends and I would like them to realize there are other treatments out there for cancer and that cancer is not a bad word. There is hope. We need to visualize. We can get better without poisons in our bodies.
Today as I start my treatment I honor two of my inspired loved ones who died: my father and my mother-in-law. I wish to take a moment of silence for your special ones that passed away from cancer; a prayer goes out to them.
Tomorrow I will explain the treatment I was given. Until next time, be safe.

My days round up into nights. Time does not stop for anyone. Yesterday I had my first treatment of systemic ozonized hyperthermia (SO3 Hyperthermia).
Wow, the procedure lasted approximately two hours and was surely unique. Vera, the person who developed the hyperthermia program, placed two lines from the port in my chest into the machine. There was an in and an out tube. My blood pumped out into the machine and became heated up while being purified. Then the blood entered back into my body.  I could see the blood and experience it going inside the tubes. I was amazed at how the blood flowed.
Imagine standing beside my bed and seeing the blood going to a machine and exiting it and re-entering. It was overwhelming, but all I could think of was that I was not experiencing any pain.
During the procedure, I was able to have a conversation with Vera. It was like I had known her for a long while. Similar to an angel, we talked during the whole procedure. She explained that this is similar to a procedure given to heart patients to keep the heart beating while in surgery. She thought one day, why can’t we use this procedure for cancer? So, she developed a way to do it.
Simply imagine you are on the beach and you’re lying out in the bright yellow sun on a blanket with it beating down on you. This is what the procedure felt like. My bed sheets were soaked. After a while I would take a shower.
Dan watched from the other side of the room while my doctor supervised. The doctor’s back was hurting since he just arrived from a mountain climbing trip. A nurse kept track of my vitals and used an EKG machine to track the heart rate. The lab tested my blood a couple of times during this procedure. As I waited for the other procedure, Vera and I continued to talk. I could have talked for hours and hours with her.
It was time for my next procedure, which the doctor put oxygen below through a tube.
Written by my doctors regarding the procedure:

Scientists know that when the cells of the body are exposed to higher than normal temperatures, changes take place inside the cells, and that some of these changes can be harnessed to increase the likely effectiveness of orthomolecular cancer treatments.

The earliest attempts to treat cancer using heat were met with mixed results due in large part to the difficult challenge inherent in regulating the ideal temperature to a specific part of the body while limiting potentially invasive or deleterious effects on other parts of the body. Today, advancements such as the SO3H system provide superior control and precision heat delivery.
Unlike healthy human cells that love oxygen, cancer cells are anaerobic, i.e. cannot live in high oxygen concentrations.
Overexposure to oxygen in tumor cells, also known as the Hypothermic Ozonification, results in over-acidification of the heated cells and a consequent nutrient deficiency in the tumor.  Cellular metabolism is destroyed, resulting in apoptosis (cell death) of the tumor cells.
The proprietary SO3 Hyperthermia System in our program has been proven to have phenomenal synergistic effects with the rest of the treatment approach.
I had complications, but it got under control and I am doing fine. I am getting IVs right now to build me up and the doctors are coming in to check on me routinely. Within the next two weeks there will be more procedures.
I am so lucky to be able to explain this choice of treatment to you and share this amazing technology.
I must point out that I am getting several pills to take. If you know me, this is a challenge, for I have a hard time keeping them down, but I am proud of myself for being able to do so. Please pat me on the shoulder!
Until tomorrow.
 Good morning everyone.
Yesterday was a blur, and I spent most of the time in bed. I did not feel that great. The doctor came in and gave me something for my stomach. Half the day gone, I got up and was able to eat. I enjoyed the rest of the day.
We spoke about other treatments that they offer and how we should fit them into our program. Dan and I were discussing them and have questions to ask the doctor today. When we get the answers, I will let you know.
I was on IVs all day and tonight they allowed me to walk the halls. It was nice getting out for a change. The lobby on my floor was packed; it looked like someone was having a party. There were balloons of different colors and shapes. Time to go back to the room. One of the things I admire of the facility is they disconnect the IVs for you every day so you are able to take a shower.
Ready for my bath. Just the water beating down on me made me pure. Now I am sitting here waiting to see what today will bring.
Before I leave, I must stress that I have learned so much about this disease. Cancer is in everyone, but is dormant and something triggers it. We acknowledge that chemicals can cause our systems to activate the bad cells.
In order to make our lives better, we need to start within our homes and ban chemicals from everyday life. We can’t alter our environment, but we can change what we do at home!
The first step is to modify and get rid of all the processed foods and eat organic brands. Don't use it if you do not recognize how to spell the ingredients. Pure water is very important and we need to make sure we are drinking enough.
Take control and stop buying cleaning products that have chemicals in them. There are so many natural things to clean with such as vinegar, baking soda, and lemon juice. Balance our bodies with the proper vitamins and minerals to keep them healthy.
Studies do show that cancer feeds off sugar and can’t live off heat and oxygen. Open your minds and see what is out there for treatments and not the heavy chemo and radiation that cause illness in our everyday lives.
Today I woke up in a great mood. My nurse last night was super. I discovered the best way to take my medication is with ice in the water, making it really cold. I find the pills go down faster and without any trouble. I do not swallow them very well, so this goes out to others like me--try it!

It is Saturday and I arrived over a week ago, I have wonderful people taking care of me. Today was a fun filled day, the first thing is the nurse came in the room with medication and a cup of ice, to which I added water and drank them down. So far since noon I've had seventeen pills. I can’t believe that I swallowed that many and by the end of the day I had twenty-six of them. They are little ones and not those horse pills!
The lab department came in to take blood for Monday that starts the dendritic cell (DC) therapy.
What is that? You ask. What is this treatment?
Dendritic cell (DC) therapy also called dendritic cell vaccine, is a newly emerging and potent form of immunotherapy used to treat cancer conditions. In case of cancer, dendritic cell therapy is an immunotherapy that harnesses the body's own immune system to fight cancer. The dendritic cell itself is an immune cell whose role is the recognition, processing, and presentation of foreign antigens to the T-cells in the effector arm of the immune system. Although dendritic cells are potent cells, they are not usually present in adequate quantity to allow for a potent immune response. Dendritic cell therapy thus involves the harvesting of blood cells (monocytes or macrophages) from a patient and processing them in the laboratory to produce dendritic cells, which are then given back to a patient in order to allow massive dendritic participation in optimally activating the immune system. Per my doctor, pretend that your white blood cells are your army and the cancer cells are the enemy. They withdraw some of your army, multiply, and then return them to create more to fight the enemy.
The next thing, the psychologist came in for the second time since I was here and we talked alone, just the two of us. We discussed how I felt regarding having cancer. I advised her that I have learned a great deal and how the treatments seem to allow me to manage my disease without poisons entering my body. I told her that I keep busy trying to spread these methods to the public. Our physicians scare us into thinking the only way it can be done is surgery and poisons. We need to educate people on the meaning of cancer. There are natural procedures that can be used. I know that Western medicine is what most doctors learn. They do not recognize any other, but we can change this. Next time she is going to show me exercises to help me with keeping my mind healthy.
Around 2:00 p.m. I was taken to a room, where they have a machine, which I entered for a procedure. This was a sauna and when I was enclosed I looked similar to a turtle. My head stuck out and the rest of my body was inside. The temperature was controlled by the doctor. It got up to 105 degrees. He kept asking me if I was hot and I advised him that I was used to this heat, for I live in Florida. I told him that I did gardening while also mowing grass in the heat. It lasted approximately twenty-five minutes. I was a wet noodle and needed to take a shower.
Today I had more IVs. Dan and I escaped down the elevators. We went to the chapel to pray.
Well, tomorrow is Sunday and if you ask him what he is going to do, it’s going to be watching football. He’s for the Jets. Go, Jets!
Stay tuned for next time, and enjoy an awesome day.

Chemicals, chemicals, chemicals…this is the main thing causing cancer. We the people are destroying ourselves by allowing this to happen…the chemicals that are in our cleaning products, what they are putting on our fruits and vegetables, in processed foods, on our grass, what they feed our cattle…and then after we get this disease, the poison to kill it.
We need to be educated, and realize that this is a money-making thing. Our environmental programs need to be altered so as to create a more long-lasting life. We must make the change!

♥ .¸¸.·*¨`·»CANCER♥ .¸¸.·*¨`·»

GOOD MORNING. I guess you might say it's the calm before the storm. Today is a laid-back day. Not too much action to report. Just had the oxygen treatment where they insert from beneath. The doctor was explaining the reason why they do the procedure this way, because many veins are in that location and it will travel faster. He gave me an example of how a baby physician gives their patients medication to be dissolved from below because it works quicker and is easier for it to work.

I have now kept track of how many pills I will need to take daily. The total will most likely be twenty-six per day. If you asked anyone around three weeks ago, if Sherry could swallow them, the answer would be no! I came up with a solution by taking them with ice and water. When H20 is cold, it's easier to get them down.
The meals are wonderful--we receive three a day plus two snacks, and they are all organic.
Overall I am impressed with this facility and the treatment--I couldn’t have received better.
Tomorrow, first thing in the morning I am getting a body scan and then in the afternoon I will be having systemic ozonized hyperthermia (SO3 hyperthermia).
It is amazing how differently things are done here. We live in a large country and our concepts are old-fashioned. We need to look at the whole picture and consider how other countries are treating cancer. Think outside the box!
Today was a slow-moving morning. We had several treatments planned; however, they did not begin until 4:00 p.m. I had dendritic cell (DC) therapy, also called dendritic cell vaccine. The chemist injected serum into my arm while Dan took a picture. The dendritic cell therapy is a newly emerging and potent form of immunotherapy used to treat cancer conditions. In case of cancer, dendritic cell therapy is an immunotherapy that harnesses the body's own immune system to fight cancer. The dendritic cell itself is an immune cell whose role is the recognition, processing, and presentation of foreign antigens to the T-cells in the effector arm of the immune system. Although dendritic cells are potent cells, they are not usually present in adequate quantity to allow for a potent immune response. Dendritic cell therapy thus involves the harvesting of blood cells (monocytes or macrophages) from a patient and processing them in the laboratory to produce dendritic cells, which are given back to a patient to allow massive dendritic participation in optimally activating the immune system.
While waiting for the doctor to come in for another procedure of systemic ozonized hyperthermia (SO3 Hyperthermia), Dan and I decided to walk around the complex. He wanted to show me where the gym was for the doctors and employees. Its building connected to the facility and is on the bottom floor. As we approached it there were several nursing students blocking the hall, so he pointed it out to me. We then strolled to the front of the facility and sat for a short time. It was breezy, the wind was wild, and air was clean and crisp. Looking across the street, we saw a TGI Friday’s, which was modeled on the ones in United States. We talked for few moments and then headed back to the room so he could see the movie Iron Man II! They provide movie videos free, so if you know him, he is going to take advantage of it.
Looking ahead to what tomorrow will bring. Until Thursday, have a wonderful evening.

I started my day by sitting out by the café. It stands between the facility and the doctor’s complex. Looking all around, I enjoyed the birds chirping, the heat of the sun and the wind blowing across my face. I felt how blessed I am for being able to be part of this wonderful world.
Stop and smell the roses. Just close your eyes for a moment and picture being with me sitting out in the café with the wind blowing across your face. What mood are you favoring? As I sit and think, people are walking from building to building. My life is at a standstill. How humble I am that I have the opportunity to be part of these treatments. While I was reading, my doctor stopped by, for he went to my room and I was not there.
“Hello, Sherry,” he said. “This will be a great place to do a consultation,” and he began to speak. I asked him about my future and he replied that he feels with the treatments it looks really good. Then we started talking about the methods I am using. I made the right choice by coming to see them. Both my physicians are very passionate about what they do and will strive to continue to treat and manage this illness. I never met doctors that I could hug and be so close to, until now!
Afterward, I met Dan in the café talking to a man from Texas whose wife also had this disease. He explained how they continued for ten years using natural methods. Similar to me, she decided not to have surgery nor chemo or radiation. We exchanged e-mails and with that we went back to my room for food.
Lunch came and oh what a surprise, spaghetti and lamb. Nevertheless, we enjoyed the taste and the amount. During that time the nurse stated that I would be connected to IVs for the next eight hours. Dan decided to go down stairs and get DVDs to watch.
The doctor came in for his evening visit to give me my schedule of treatment; for now, I have until Wednesday of next week. He assured Dan that the treatments would be completed even if they had to do them on Sunday.
Tomorrow the plans call for dendritic cell therapy (dendritic cell vaccine) along with the sauna with oxygen.
Until Friday, wishing you a wonderful weekend.
“Life is the Dancer and you are the Dance."


Today around 9:00 a.m. the chemist came in to give me the third dendritic cell (DC) vaccine shot. The last will be on Tuesday, one day before I am discharged.
After the shot in the afternoon, the massage therapist came in to give me a complete message for back pain. My doctors said it's because I am lying in bed a great deal.
I rested after the therapy and lay down for a bit. When I got up I felt ill. My head was spinning; I had a stomach ache and a temperature of 101. The nurses checked with the doctors and thought the best thing for me was a cold shower. I was not too pleased with that, for I ended up with my clothes on and I looked at the nurse and thought to myself what if I directed the hose toward her (HAHA). Can you picture how angry I was? My face must have been red with steam coming out of my nose, but it worked. The fever went down.


“To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” We live day in and day out following this quote, without realizing it. This is just one of the unknowns. The questions are: Why are we here? What does your travel bring? Do you recognize why you are here? What is your purpose? Do you wander off or dream of a journey? Maybe this is what is in your heart. Perhaps your goal is to someday be reached. Can it happen that before you know it, it comes to pass and you wake up and you’ve fulfilled the purpose of everything that was meant to be?
I trust that all purposes have a character of art attached. You close your eyes and dream, with images showing you what you want to see. The colors and forms show up, which create a scene that comes through from your brain.
The picture that I would like to share is the purpose of educating people on the methods of treatment I had instead of chemo and radiation. “See the difference!” My procedures were a piece of cake compared to those. There are other ways to treat cancer. We just need to be educated. Knowledge is power!
«·´¨*·.¸¸.♥ «·´¨*·.¸¸.♥«·´¨*·.¸¸.♥ «·´¨*·.¸¸.♥«·´¨*·.¸¸«·´¨*·.¸¸.♥
Good day.
Today was another day in bed. A fever came upon me, making me very weak. They gave me IVs and took lab work.
I spent the day again lying down and thinking. What is your journey of life? God (a spiritual being) created us with a body, mind, and a soul. Each was given this to use in a pure and special way. This path is what leads you to the final purpose of your journey. By this journey, you create your own masterpiece of art.
Our bodies are made of flesh for seeing our entire selves. The body gives us the ability to walk through our journey of life with color and shapes, which shows the beauty that holds the love of the mind and soul. When the journey ends, the masterpiece that you created will be the art; however, your spirit is going to live forever.
The will, memory, and emotions are components of our mind. This is created through the colors and imaginations through shapes and forms. In using your mind, you take the steps to change evil to good and wrong to right. During this process, you create memory with pictures of art. Through the memory and will, your emotions come out by showing all the purposes under heaven.
Your soul is the spirit within you, which never lies. This part is the spine, your being. This works with the artwork of the mind and creates the path of your journey.
My purpose is to share the art of colors relating to my methods of treatment and how my treatment has affected me. That is my journey!

Hello everyone! Time has come and gone and before you know it the week has passed. I forgot to post what happened Friday. I feel it was important enough to share with you. The day started like any other. I met the psychologist in the café. She asked me if I had some free time. I advised her yes, so she came for about forty-five minutes to my room and we talked about an exercise she had that would help me throughout my journey.
Written by the psychologist:
Imagery and relaxation--Have you ever been in a place where you have felt completely at peace? Where you can forget about all of your problems? Where you can breathe in deeply and enjoy a beautiful view?
It is very likely that you have. However, many times it’s very difficult to be in a place like this every time we want to, although it is very healthy to keep our mind in the mental state that this place can evoke.
That’s when imagery and relaxation techniques come in handy. In fact, these techniques do more than just bring our mental state to relaxation; they can actually help us relieve pain, speed healing, and help the body suppress hundreds of ailments, including depression, allergies, and asthma. In addition, letting go of our problems, worries, and concerns for a little while and recharging energy are two other good reasons for practicing this.
Relaxation is being completely at ease, mentally and physically. Imagery is any words that create a picture in the mind; it is the biological connection between the mind and the body. Whatever spontaneous thought or image we get throughout the day is going to affect the way we feel emotionally as well as physically. For example, whenever you imagine your favorite meal--the way it smells, the way it looks, how good it tastes--chances are, you’ve going to salivate.
Unfortunately, many of the images in our heads do more harm than good. We are so used to worrying or thinking of the negative possibilities of situations that we end up tensing the body and depressing the immune system. Obviously, the idea is to use this same power of imagery and relaxation for our own benefit.
Intention, quieting, cleansing, and recharging are the components of healing the state of mind through imagery and relaxation. The intention is key to success. We need to want to relax, believe that it can help, and be willing to turn our senses away from the outside world and into the inner world. We also need to do it in a quiet place so we can focus better and easier.


Begin by closing your eyes…and releasing the air in your lungs. Take in a full, deep breath through your nose, allowing your lungs to fill up completely, letting the air go all the way in…and then sighing it out through your open mouth. Get as comfortable as you can…do a body scan through feet, legs, hips, abdomen, and torso; release all of the tension… breathe in deeply, through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Do a scan through your arms, hands, chest, shoulders, face, and head; release the tension and relax. Remember to breathe in deeply through your nose, and as you exhale, feel more and more relaxed. Do this as many times as you need to in order to become completely relaxed. Focus on your thoughts…identify your mood and imagine a beautiful place. Look at the details, the colors, the smell, the texture…admire this place…enjoy it.
Breathe in deeply and exhale through your mouth…with every breath, inhale positive energy, and as you exhale, spread this positive energy throughout your body. Let this beautiful place be the source of positive healing energy. Spread this healing energy through your entire body. Give yourself permission to be relaxed…to enjoy this place. Stay there until you have filled your body with positive, healing energy. Remember to breathe deeply through your nose and exhale through your mouth. When you are ready, come back to the present; take a deep breath open your eyes.





After she left, I started my sauna treatment which looks like a turtle shell with oxygen. I was in it for approximately twenty-five minutes. I went back to my room where I found Dan and the nutritionist going over what to eat and not. We learned a lot about this disease and the education we are bringing back I truly believe will help others.
Those are the items I need to stay away from, plus the microwave oven.
I only have a couple more days here and two procedures which are powerful treatments to fight the bad within me. Before I leave, I'll receive information that I will need in order follow through on my journey to conquer this disease. When I return back to the States I will share them with you.


 Hello, it’s my last day and so many thoughts are running through my mind. I've met wonderful people as well as my doctors. They are so passionate and loving and I will treasure them forever. The experience was overwhelming; it affected me in a positive way for my body, soul, and mind. The program made me whole again.
I will explain in the coming days my home program. I am going to continue my journal and provide more information until I can say that I am cancer-free.
Today I get my port taken out and I’m excited to experience less pressure in that location.

2-3-11 to 2-5-11
 «·´¨*·.¸¸.♥HOME SWEET HOME♥.¸¸. ·*¨`·»

This morning I woke up in a different light. Today is my last day in Mexico. I will be saying farewell to my doctors. Can you picture the release of pressure in my words? The doctor arrived in the room at 6:00 a.m. and took out the port. I am worried; I did not know what to expect. It came and went, and I did not experience anything but force. Dan and I ate a great breakfast of pancakes and off we went.
I am full of mixed emotions at this point. I am leaving the physicians and my safety net, and going home. It sounds funny, but I felt safe, for with the surety of their words I became comforted and had a good feeling about what I had decided. I said goodbye to the nurses and the doctors. I hugged them and went to the lobby.
The driver who took Dan and me back to San Diego speaks English and we had several conversations while waiting to cross the border. He explained that there are many people living in Mexico and working in the USA, for it's cheaper to live in Mexico. He gives us an example: a four-bedroom place with a swimming pool, gated, cost $500 a month. It could look just similar to Michael Jackson’s house from the States, he said (HAHAHA). The electric bills are much lower, but the cable bill is around the same. He also mentioned that he finds it funny that Mexicans wish to get American produce, for it is cleaner, and the Americans want the Mexican vegetables and fruits.
Leaving Mexico seemed harder than entering, for we waited in this long line at the border. When we finally arrived, a policeman wanted us to get out and check our bags. Per our driver, "She just got out of a medical facility." Dan was not able to walk for he had a cast on his right foot. He asked for our passports and left. It seemed like hours, but it was only twenty minutes until he came back and said, “Okay, you may go!”
Well, off to the airport--the attendant behind the counter took my tickets and stated they had cancelled the flight. What? Our connecting flight to Houston ended up cancelled due to the weather. She advised me of an ice storm coming. We decided to go as far as Houston and take our chances. The airport looked deserted, hardly anyone there, for they sent everyone home. We began looking for a ticket booth to ask about the flights. We were given a free voucher for a hotel, for Dan was handicapped. We picked up our luggage and waited for a shuttle. The day would be long and stressful. What a day! The colors of stress were showing through, and at that point we needed to calm down and relax.
For dinner, we had sandwiches made by the chef from the facility. All organic and delicious. After eating we saw a lounge, so we went for a glass of wine. It did the trick; now I am relaxed. «·´¨*·.¸¸.♥
Rise and shine; a new day. We went for breakfast and the only thing allowed on my diet was oatmeal. I ate it, with a cup of coffee. The next step: we took a shuttle back to the airport. This would be another all-day event. The day was challenging, for I watched what I could eat. There are not too many places, especially at airports that have organic food.
Finally, Dan and I arrived in Tampa. We experienced a wonderful surprise on the other side of the gate--my sister Linda and my nephew, who offered to pick us up from the airport.
«·´¨*·.¸¸.♥ HOME SWEET HOME   
Linda bought special goodies (foods) that I was able to eat. I am thankful to have such a special sister and friend.

My journey's first chapter has been completed. I just started the second part of the journey and feel real good about it. With all of the thoughts and prayers from my followers I have been able to relax and enjoy GOD’S hands around me.

~~~~~~Give yourself every chance~~~~~~
IT'S NEVER TOO LATE: We are totally different, there will never be another you, and so make sure you live your life to the fullest. Yesterday’s actions are history; you cannot change them, but remember, there is always today. You can still reach for your dreams! Give yourself every chance, make use of your assets, stretch out with your soul, follow your heart, and go with your gut.


No comments: