Monday, October 3, 2011

MY STORY



MY STORY

As I sit in wonder, I look back throughout this year and realized how blessed I am to be alive. As it went one winter day last December I was diagnosed with breast cancer. My body became paralyzed with fear for my father and other relatives have died from cancer. Would I be the next one to be taken of this disease? After speaking with my husband and my daughter we as a team decided to not listen to my surgeon and have the surgery with chemo and radiation, but to find another way out.

With lots of research on the computer my husband found my way out ~ its called FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE. Well, with awesome doctors and a great program I managed my cancer and as of last week the ct scan and lab work has a positive note, no cancer.

I can’t say how humble I feel for I did not have the pain from surgery nor did I get sick and lose my hair. My treatments consisted of heat and oxygen treatments and at the worst I had flu like symptoms.

As I turn through the pages of my past year, I have gained spiritually as well as mentally and physically from the experiences of cancer. I have gained a lot of knowledge through incredible top rated people and through this sharing with others ; the hope and comfort it brought me.

Cancer can be controlled, but you need to treat it with respect. You need to know what you are dealing with and how to treat it daily. Its learning how to reorganize what’s important to our bodies and lives we lead. As I close~ I will let you on a secret! Its your choice and you
need to take control of the issue not leave it up to others to make the decisions for you. I started with a program that enhanced the quality of my life by first changing the way I ate and drank. I learned ways to meditate to release stress and made time to exercise. Its those important steps that maintain hope of never seeing cancer again.

We need to stand up to what is effecting us, the environment, and face the final curtain by thinking out side the box and realizing what we are working with.

Through my words on my blog
www.thejourneytogoodhealth.blogspot.com , I am hoping it will give you a better understanding of how to treat cancer within your body.

 


As I regroup my personal life, I will continue to manage my cancer and help any others that are going through it with the support of my heart. I am a survivor of knowledge and not of cancer. I will not let it control my body and mind. Individually we are a drop, but together we can create an ocean, lets start now ~ its your choice.



Courage is standing face to face with fear... and smiling at it!

 

No comments: