Top 6 Foods against Sore Throat
- Banana is soft and gently for your throat fruit that you can easily swallow, especially if you have a sore throat. It has a low glycemic index and it is high in Vitamin B5, potassium and vitamin C.
- Oatmeal is rich in protein and soluble fiber. It reduces the cholesterol and keeps you full for a longer period. Hot oatmeal is a good choice for the treatment of sore throat. You can add banana and honey (or malt and maple syrup) to get a calming effect and better taste. Another benefit of oatmeal is low glycemic index, making it an ideal meal before your fitness training.
- Sage has excellent medicinal properties. It contains enzymes, flavonoids and phenolic acids. You can prepare it as a tea.
- Whole Wheat Pasta is an excellent remedy for a sore throat, especially if it is hot and made with low-oil sauce. It is rich in fiber, zinc, iron, and vitamin B1, B2, B3 and E.
- Boiled or Steamed Carrots are also great healing food. Carrots are full of nutrients, such as fiber, potassium, Vitamin K, Vitamin C and Vitamin A. On the other hand, eating raw carrots can worsen your sore throat.
- Honey Tea will help relieve the pain in the throat and chest. You will feel the improvement just by inhaling the steam from this tea. VEGAN’s, Maple Syrup and malt syrup mixture works in the same way that honey does. It lubricates the throat, allows the throat to heal itself and keeps talking and eating from being painful.
Simple & Natural Remedy for Sore ThroatThe lemon and honey (or maple syrup with malt syrup for vegans) mixture is a great alternative for sore throat relieving. This mixture reduces inflammation instantly, soothes sore throats and cools, which gives you a better feel. Ginger in turn calms the digestive tract and relieves breathing and swallowing.
- 2 thinly sliced lemons.
- 2 slices 1” ginger.
- 1 tbsp raw organic honey or 1 coffee-cup maple syrup and 2 tsp of malt syrup as vegan alternative.
Put all the ingredients in 12 oz. jar, stir well, close the jar and place it in the refrigerator. In a short time, the ingredients will turn into jelly.
Put a spoonful of jelly in a cup of hot water. Drink this tea when you want and how much you think you need. You can use this home remedy for 3 months.
Read more: http://www.healthandlovepage.com/sore-throat-foods-remedy/#ixzz3NmVJJ1O1
Follow us: @HealthAndLovePa on Twitter | HealthAndLovePage on Facebook