We were all made the same and our body functions all work together. We just have to put the puzzle all together the same way through learning and to have an open mind to what is available to us. I have and would like to share my experiences and hope that everyone would do the research before making a decision that would cost one’s life. Have hope and reach higher, the sky is the limit. Give faith a leap and explore the possibility that there is more that we can to manage cancer. BECAUSE THERE IS!
Functional Medicine focuses on understanding the fundamental physiological processes, the environmental inputs, and the genetic predispositions that influence health and disease so that interventions are focused on treating the cause of the problem, not just masking the symptoms.
There are seven basic principles underlying functional medicine which include the following:
- Science-based medicine that connects the emerging research base to clinical practice.
- Biochemical individuality based on genetic and environmental uniqueness.
- Patient-centered care rather than disease-focused treatment.
- Dynamic balance of internal and external factors that affect total functioning.
- Web-like interconnections among the body's physiological processes also affect every aspect of functionality.
- Health as a positive vitality, not merely the absence of disease.
- Promotion of organ reserve.