Monday, July 29, 2013

Puerto Vallarta Here We Come


Puerto Vallarta Here We Come

This Thursday started out very early for Dan and me. We had to wake up before the crack of dawn for the cab driver was to pick us up at 6:30 a.m. to take us to the bus station. When we got to the station, it was not long before the departure and off we went. As I looked out the window of the bus, my eyes could not believe what I was seeing. The surroundings were just breath taking. I tried to capture it with these pictures. Mountain high green pastures for miles with livestock and farm land, while the roads were curving back and forth. At times it got scary because of cliffs and the bus would be just on the end of them as we were going up and down the sides of the mountains.

I was taking cat naps along the way for it was going to be a long trip. The bus we traveled in was very modern with a lot of foot room. The chairs reclined and in back of each seat there was a TV. As a bonus and a must there were restrooms in the back of the bus.

Well, everything was going smoothly until one third of the way we ran across some road work and there was a delay for over 30 minutes. A bus ride that usually takes 5 hours took almost 7 hours. When Dan and I arrived in town at the bus station we were overjoyed but exhausted and ready to take a nap. For two days we were working getting our place ready to move into and it was catching up to us. We got off the bus and waited for a cab to take us to our hotel. Looking for the sign Sea Garden Ocean Breeze we approached the street and the cab driver drove us to the front of the hotel. Dan and I got out and went directly to the check in desk. Finally some rest, we went to our room and took a 30 minute nap.

Our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the Pacific Ocean and the swimming pool. It was awesome to have a room facing the ocean and to be able to sleep while listening to the waves crashing. Dan got a real good deal on the rate by going on Can you imagine a room facing the ocean for $60.00 a night!!!! Here are some pictures of our hotel room and the surroundings, which I took after dinner and a walk on the beach.

We are looking forward to seeing Daniel who was the chef at Angeles Hospital. In April we were there for a follow up visit to check out where we stood as far as our cancer treatments were concerned. Dan and I both had lab work and scans, which did not show any cancer. We both got a clean bill of health and were told to continue our home program.

Enjoy the pictures for we will be here for two more days and I am positive that there will be more to write about and show.


No comments: