Sunday, July 17, 2011

ITS NOT WHAT IT IS, WE CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT



Looking back about a year ago, I was as healthy as a horse, so I thought. All along there was something eating within me ~ it was cancer. I was diagnosed almost 8 months ago of breast cancer and was told like most breast cancer patients that you will have to have surgery and then chemo with radiation. Well, being in the medical field and having several family members not do so well with this type of treatment, I decided to go against it. I am sure glad that I did, because I am living the quality of life that we all deserve to live.


With much research from my husband over the internet, we were amazed at what was out there. Did you know that there is a big world around us and wonderful things are happening? One big thing that I learned was we lack the knowledge that each of us deserves. Its your life and we need to take control of it and research what is around us. Just think it’s a fingertip away! So, I am writing for all that have experienced this horrible disease. I want it to be known that there are so many different types of treatments out there to explore before making a final decision.

I decided to take a treatment in Mexico called FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE and through my doctors I learned so much about my body and cancer. There I was taught that the cancer did not happen over night and there was a reason that it got out of control. You just not have to be aggressive with the masses, but also find out what was the cause. The immune system has a lot to do with controlling your health. I was taught how to keep my immune system balanced and after several blood tests to see what I was lacking I began a program of vitamins and minerals to keep the system strong to fight the cancer from coming back. This is the big key in any treatment you are planning on having, you must keep your immune system balanced.

The other big part of the puzzle is what we eat. The saying of: you are what you eat is so true! Our world is getting out of hand by modifying our foods and putting chemicals on them to kill bugs and insects. Look everyone, we do not need chemicals to kill the bugs and insects, and there are natural treatments that do the same thing. Why, do we eat from the microwave or eat fast foods? What is this world coming to? Do we not have our own minds? Don’t you want to eat healthy and live a more quality way of life? We need to realize that our systems need alkaline foods, which are greens and our water has to be at a high alkaline state to make our immune system work and be more protective. I know this to be true and this is why I have given great thought to allow my personal life to be heard.


I must say that I am blessed to have the team of doctors working with me. They have so much compassion and love for the human being. Since my treatments that started in January, my tumors have not spread and are contained within my breast and have gotten smaller. The doctors are quite pleased with the results. I am looking forward in finally saying that I have managed this disease and keep doing what God attended for us to do, which is to keep healthy.


Now I am ready to share the type of treatments that I endured. But before getting into the program I would like to share what FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE is? Functional Medicine is an integrative, science-based healthcare approach that treats illness and promotes wellness by focusing on the bio-chemically unique aspects of each patient, and then individually tailoring interventions to restore physiological, psychological, and structural balance.


Functional Medicine focuses on understanding the fundamental physiological processes, the environmental inputs, and the genetic predispositions that influence health and disease so that interventions are focused on treating the cause of the problem, not just masking the symptoms.


There are seven basic principles underlying functional medicine which include the following:


Science-based medicine that connects the emerging research base to clinical practice.
Biochemical individuality based on genetic and environmental uniqueness.
Patient-centered care rather than disease-focused treatment.
Dynamic balance of internal and external factors that affect total functioning.
Web-like interconnections among the body's physiological processes also affect every aspect of functionality.
Health as a positive vitality, not merely the absence of disease.

Promotion of organ reserve.


Okay, Lets now see what I decided to do and by the way I have not experienced any pain of surgery nor the side effects of chemotherapy. I learned that cancer can not live within heat nor oxygen and this is what I encountered throughout my treatments after I was assessed and boosted with vitamins and minerals, The first type of procedure was HYPERTHERMIA PERFUSION.


The concept for Hyperthermia perfusion is to warm up the patients blood slowly up to 42-43 degree Celsius, which is Fahrenheit 107.6 degrees Celsius (42) or 109.4 C (43). This will be like having a mild fever.


This procedure is continued for anywhere from one hour to two hours. This depends on the patients homodynamic stability and blood gas results. The flow is a very low flow, around 30 to 80 ml/min. A high flow is not necessary, just as long as it is continuous. A linear flow is better. This is done by providing a constant low flow at a warm temperature. The patient is awake and this enables the perfusionist and the doctor, who are both present the entire procedure; to monitor the patient closely.


The console that provides the temperature and flow is regulated by perimeters dialed in. The patient has a monitor which reveals the: EKG, respiratory rate, arterial saturation and the blood pressure. ACT’s are run the length of the case to insure proper anticoagulation, so no clots form in the software.


The patient will experience no discomfort. The patient can sit up, read, talk with us, work on the computer or the I pad, watch television, drink beverages, or converse with family in the patients room. Most patients will feel warm and perspire. The color is great and they feel good. The ACT is allowed to become normal before the patient leaves the room.


The Hyperthermia procedure allows the CANCER cell membrane to become warm and enhances the treatments that are to be given. The temperature increases also burns the CANCER cells because they cannot survive in this temperature of 42-43 degrees.

The results seen are very good. There is no chemo medications in this Hyperthermia procedure. It is warming the patients blood with a small amount of Heparin (*5,000 units) in the priming volume. Therefore, the patients experience only the warmth running through their entire body.


IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS THIS, I AM ALWAYS AVAILABLE. I HAVE BEEN A PERFUSIONIST FOR OVER 30 YEARS. I TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF ALL THE PATIENTS AND I ALSO AM VERY LUCKY TO HAVE GREAT PHYSICIANS WITH WHOM I WORK WITH, WHICH PROVIDES THE BEST OF THE BEST OF CARE TO ALL OUR PATIENTS. If you would like more information CONTACT: VERA LOPEZ

VLLADY@AOL.COM or (619) 261-7582 .


This procedure was amazing, I was up alert the whole time and was monitored by having my temperature read several times along with blood work. My heart rate was also being monitored.


The other procedure that I was given was Dendritic Cell (DC) Therapy or so-called Dendritic Cell vaccine. The Dendritic Cell is a newly emerging and potent form of immune therapy used to treat cancer conditions. In case of cancer, Dendritic Cell therapy is an immune therapy which harnesses the body's own immune system to fight cancer. The Dendritic Cell itself is an immune cell whose role is the recognition, processing and presentation of foreign antigens to the T-cells in the effecter arm of the immune system. Although Dendritic Cells are potent cells, they are not usually present in adequate quantity to allow for a potent immune response. Dendritic Cell Therapy thus involves the harvesting of blood cells (ie monocytes or macrophages) from a patient and processing them in the laboratory to produce Dendritic Cells which are then given back to a patient in order to allow massive Dendritic participation in optimally activating the immune system.


They are taking your own good cells and multiplying them and returning them back into you to fight like an army against the enemy.


Another treatment was being in a sauna with the temperature at 109 degrees along with oxygen treatments.


Again we need to be educated on what is out there for us to consider what we want to do! We have a choice and it is not; it is what it is. If you want more information regarding this type if treatment you can call me

727 399-7850  or E-mail me at
left moon@aol.com.

WE NEED TO TAKE CONTROL AND CHANGE THE ENVIRMOMENT AROUND US BY EDUCATING WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH FOR IT WILL EFFECT THE FUTURE GENERATIONS.

By Sheryl Malin






No comments: