Saturday, April 28, 2012

Is Dying of Cancer Optional?

The Great Debate: Is Dying of Cancer Optional?

Posted by Jonathan Chamberlain on April 24, 2012

Is Dying of Cancer Optional?

I know for a fact that for many people – people who have lost loved ones to cancer – this question will seem grotesque.

But the fact that many people have died of cancer doesn’t mean that cancer is not curable. It is. It also doesn’t mean that the ways by which cancer can be cured are not known.

It is my belief that there are many ways of curing cancer – and that we know what they are. We may not have ‘proof’ but that’s something else again (a whole kettle of worms!)

No-one is saying that each ‘cure’ is 100% effective. But if these ways do cure cancer – even for a few – then it stands to reason that the more of these ways that you commit yourself to, the better your chances of recovering and becoming cancer-free again. The decision not to seek these ways out is a choice. The decision not to do them is a choice.

It is my calculation that if there is any substance at all to all the anecdotal stories (personal experiences are always categorised as ‘anecdotal’) that have come my way then if you commit yourself to 10-12 therapies then you are boosting your chances of recovering to well above 90%

I have listed well over 100 possible therapies in my book The Cancer Survivor’s Bible – www.fightingcancer.com for details.

So, not doing these therapies is a choice – if you know about them. No knowing about them may be the result of a decision not to look for them – which is a choice. Unfortunately, for some people, the idea that there might be something they can do beyond what their doctors suggest is simply not something they are aware of. Or they lack the confidence to explore these areas.
The question is: how can we spread this message?

It’s spreading fast but still I am finding very intelligent people completely disregarding natural approaches (because they are ‘unscientific’ or because they are in thrall to their doctors (and I completely understand why they would be, it’s a natural response to the supposed authority of Medicine)). That’s the choice they have made. They have to live with the consequences.
So let’s debate this question: Is dying of cancer a matter of personal choice? What do you think?

New thoughts

Since posting this, I have been slightly uncomfortable that I have put this question in a way that will appear to be a matter of willingness (willingness to search out options) but I do understand that cancer, for the person who has the cancer, is an existential issue, and for those who have not gone through the journey and embraced their fate, a matter of profound fear. On top of that cancer carries with it its own physical burden – and there is the issue of having the energy and the commitment to persevere with a life prolonging strategy. So there is no moral issue, no suggestion of blame, attached to the question.

Finally, in relation to what I have called ‘the journey’ , Sheryl Malin, wrote the following (on my Facebook Cancer Recovery site) which is so wonderfully expressed that I will leave it to say what it has to say:

FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN

It’s impossible, said pride. It’s risky, said experience. It’s pointless, said reason. Give it a try, whispered the heart. It’s early in the morning and this message came to me. I fear no more for I have managed the cancer. I trusted my heart to find another way to treat my cancer other than cut, poison, and burn. I also realized without having cancer I would have not met these amazing people that have taught me so much about life and I would have never experienced Mexico and their culture.

Through taking a detour in the road, I have better knowledge and have tried to educate others on other ways to control cancer. Through my journey I have been sharing my personal healing process in hopes that maybe your heart is whispering to you like it did me.

Through the knowledge that I have gained, I do not fear the unknown, I look past that and take each day with a grain of salt. The future will be full of experiences that will not be impossible for I took something bad and made it good. We all deserve to follow our hearts and choose our own journey, but first we have to research the unknown.

Research and you will find that life is not pointless. Your mind will grow full of hope and your journey will continue for many years.

To finish I must say that with our hearts we can change our fear of the unknown and give hope to our future. Enjoy the now, for the future depends on it.

Sheryl has a blog at http://www.thejourneytogoodhealth.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments: