Tuesday, November 18, 2014


We are back for Dan’s final treatment.  I am sitting in a room awaiting for a procedure to begin.  As I wait, I begin to recall the past when I was having my cancer treatments.  It was like just yesterday I was lying in the bed.  Now I am up writing and telling about his experiences and his feelings on what he is going through.

We got back on this side of Mexico three days ago and are staying with some amazing people; Todd and Sandra.  We met them in Chapala a little over a year ago.  The first couple of days in Tijuana was relaxing, our hosts Todd and Sandra showed us around their neighborhood. The first place we went to was this quiet little restaurant that looks over the border of San Diego. Its the first time in 2 years that we were so close to USA.  Dan and I had buckwheat waffles with strawberry yogurt along with organic fruit.  Yummy it was like having a treat.

After, we strolled along the beach on the boardwalk.  The buildings and walls were full art from hopeful artists.  I never saw so many great pieces staring at me.  Along the path we stopped for coffee at a couple of cafes. They were so artistic and warm looking.  We had coffee and some banana nut cake at this one and it was to die for.

The next day we sat along the beach and just listened to the wave’s crash along the shoreline. We also met this artist that was doing sand art. He was carving in the stone along the ocean front, what awesome work and if only the world can see the beauty that I am seeing here in Tijuana beach.

Before we knew it, it was Monday the first day for functional medicine.  The first thing we did was eat at the café and ask if they had Daniel the chef’s phone number, for I wanted to see him and also give him my book.  I had mentioned him throughout the book and became fabulous friends.  One of the employees of the café was able to contact him and we got together during the day.  He took us to his kitchen where he makes organic foods for patients that are staying in hotels. Daniel delivers right to their doors.  I rate his food as a 5 star restaurant.  The night ended with us going to a sushi bar one that he would go to all the time.  I must say for Mexico this one was Japanese through in through.

Finally; we were back to Todd and Sandra’s place and relaxed with their company.  So this is where I begin to tell you of our wait for Dan’s treatment.  They already put an IV in and now we are waiting for the doctor to come in.

 Until next time, enjoy the pics of this area we are staying in…

No comments: