Thursday, June 23, 2011



Today was the day, Dan and I awoke about 6:30 a.m. to get ready for the shuttle to pick us up at the hotel to take us to the facility for breakfast. Its almost impossible to get organic food here in Tijuana. The chef, Daniel prepares us breakfast and an early dinner at the facility. Its always a surprise when we get into the café and see what is under the cover of the dish. Its always a pleasure to see what creation he has made for us.

After breakfast we ran across Ana (patient) it was fate that brought us together again. There is so much that each one of us would like to do to educate the public on what is happening to us. This program is awesome and has given us the quality of life that we would have not had if it was not for Dr Perez, Dr Garcia, and Vera.

My procedure was set to be done around 1:00 p.m., However it took place around 3:00 p.m.. Dr Garcia greeted us in the lobby and stated that it would be a little while that they were setting up the room for me. I was getting antsy and excited to see Vera again. Vera is the one behind the hyperthermia, for without her this would not take place.

Well, it was time and a nurse came down and directed us to go up. As I approached the room I was greeted with a great big hug and was given a precious bracelet that looked like a miniature rosary. It was like I was never gone, time just stood still. I prepared to get ready and then it started. This time the procedure lasted three hours and of course went just like that. We just talked and talked before we know it the time was up. It sounds strange, but I didn’t want it to end, my friendship had grown and the knowledge and wisdom had also grown within that three hours. It was very special to me, for this was not just getting me better but I was among two passionate people that I have high admiration for Vera and Dr Garcia.

Well, since Dan and I was unable to eat dinner for it was during my procedure, the café sent dinner to the room after the procedure. It was spaghetti with meat and sauce on top, was it ever good. The day had come to an end around 9:30 and we arrived to our hotel room around 10:00. Dan and I just crashed.

Tomorrow the chemist will be drawing blood from me for the killer cell procedure.

Have a wonderful Wednesday,

☺░ H░ A░ P░ P░ Y░¸¸¸ ░ H░ U░ M░ P░¸¸¸░ D░ A░ Y░ ! ░☺

No comments: