Tuesday, July 10, 2012

ROUND AND ROUND WE GO

The last three weeks I have been going around and around with the radiology company that read my MRI of the breast and a complete PET SCAN-CT. They originally compared the recent MRI to the very first one that I had done two years ago. Sent it to my doctor in Mexico and he was puzzled that why did they not go by the present one that was preformed in April of 2011. I advised that I would follow up on this issue. What a nightmare it became. I went back to the company and asked to speak to the director, which I did and she advised that they had everything in the chart but the report that was taken in 2011. So I gave her the images on my CD and the report. She advised that this would be ready the following Tuesday, which is today. The problem is that I would have to go 25 miles to pick it up. No problem~ went down but the director was in the building near my house, but the paper work was on her desk.

Before Dan and I left, we looked at the reports and OH YES, she had two copies of the MRI in the envelope but it was the same ones that I already got. It was not the revised copies. The PET SCAN was faxed to my doctor and he called yesterday to tell me that the findings on the top of the report did not match the bottom of the report. So he called the main office to advise. IT WAS THEN CORRECTED.

Still waiting for the CORRECT copy of the MRI. The moral of the story is if I was not educated on what to look for then I would be at the mercy of the radiologist that incorrectly read my scans. Thank GOD I send them to my doctor in Mexico for a second set of eye’s. I do not know what I would have done without his passion and his treatment.

YOU WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE DIE OR RECEIVE INCORRECT TREATMENTS BECAUSE THE REPORTS ARE INCORRECT ?

QUESTION IT!!! Make sure that yours are correct before any treatments or surgeries.

We have to wait to visit my daughter until this issue gets correct. Hoping to be able to leave by the end of next week. My next step to my journey has to wait a little longer.

 

I will keep you informed on the results. Until next time, enjoy life….

 

SUNDAY I GAVE MY ORGANIC GARDEN TO TWO OF MY FRIENDS SINCE I WILL BE GOING FORWARD ON MY NEW JOURNEY OF LIFE.



1 comment:

Tango's Going Ons said...

Good for you for finding the mistake. Can you imagine the misery that is caused by mistakes and people just taking their doctor's word without questioning it? I see it every day just by talking to the people around me. It's really sad.
Love your little garden and I'm sure you'll start another once you are settled in Mexico. I hope that you will keep us updated.
Hugs,
Tango